- City of Seaside - Visit the City’s dedicated page for COVID-19 for up to date information.
- Monterey County Health Department - County's dedicated page for COVID-19 information
- Centers for Disease Control - CDC’s COVID-19 site.
- Monterey Peninsula Unified School District - Visit MPUSD’s dedicated page on COVID-19 info.
- State of California - One stop shop for a number State resources.
- John Hopkins - COVID-19 Resource Center
- Mobility Report - See how your community is moving around differently due to COVID-19 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Visit these sites for information on food resources.
- The Food Bank of Monterey County - Food programs for all
- MPUSD food program - Spanish Flier & English Flier
- Meals on Wheels - Meal delivery for Older Adults. You can register to get a lunch delivered Monday - Friday by calling 899.6809 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Food Delivery - View the flier for our Friday Deliveries.
RESOURCES FOR OLDER ADULTS
Assistance Obtaining Food and Supplies
If you need assistance getting food or supplies, please contact our Older Adult Program by calling 831.899.6809 or by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with your needs.
Shopping hours for Older Adults
- Safeway: Currently open from 9a-10p Also, Safeway is setting aside the hours of 7-9 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursdays for elderly and at-risk shoppers.
- Target: All stores close at 9 p.m. and reserves the first shopping hour of every Wednesday for elderly and at-risk customers.
- Trader Joe’s: All Trader Joe’s stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice.
- Lucky - Tuesdays & Thursdays 6am-9am are reserved for Seniors and guest with Compromised Health
- Raley’s/Nob Hill: Raley’s/Nob Hill will not be adjusting hours, but is creating discounted grocery bags, or Senior Essentials Bags, available for curbside or in-store pickup. Read more about Raley’s grocery bag offers and efforts to serve seniors here.
- Whole Foods - The Monterey Whole foods will be open on Wednesdays for individuals 60+ from 8am-9am.
- Dollar General - 7am-8am everyday is open for seniors to shop.
Local Resources for ALL
- Community Human Services - 831.373.4421 - Addiction, mental illness and homelessness destroy lives and weaken families, therefore Community Human Services (CHS) provides people of all ages with the tools and support to overcome these challenges and create lasting change in their lives.
- Community Partnership for Youth - 831.394.4279 - CPY’s area of focus centers on working with at-risk youth in the surrounding community. Specifically, CPY aims to turn the peak hours for youth crime and victimization into the peak time for empowerment of the community’s most vulnerable population.
- Village Project Inc - 831.392.1500 - The Village Project, Inc. has the mission of providing effective services to every child and adult who requests assistance. The doors are open to all people in an effort to produce positive outcomes for the families and the children we serve.
- Seaside Youth Resource Center - 831.899.6870 - The Youth Violence Prevention Program aims to serve youth and their families trying to make meaningful choices or life changes through referral services and programs that reach all levels of prevention, intervention and re-entry. Available by phone or appointment only. English Referral Form & Spanish Referral Form
- Ladies First - 831.869.8052 - Ladies First supports in implementing skills for ladies with positive self-Esteem, Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Career setting and many more other goals.
- Partners for Peace - 831.754.3888 - P4P is dedicated to giving parents/caregivers tools to build healthy thriving families! 100% of the families that complete a parenting class would recommend the class to other parents.
- Door to Hope - 831.758.0181 - In Monterey County, we offer much-needed behavioral service programs. We have ten caring programs to help infants, children, teenagers, men, women, and families. We have helped thousands of people, restored hope, happiness and productivity, and have enriched our communities in the process. Currently taking phone calls and providing services by phone or in person by appointment only (Keeping social distance).
- Children Behavioral Health - 831.784.2150 - CHS helps with providing therapy services for parents and children.
- Sun Street Centers - 831.899.6577 - Dedicated to building healthy and safe communities, the Prevention Center provide a variety of services to community members and their families, in order to build awareness and promote action towards resolving community health problems relating to drug and alcohol abuse. Programs and services vary at each center.They are currently accepting referrals, but keeping social distance and doing services by phone.
- Montage Health - eVisits - Virtual care from anywhere
- The Trevor Project - 1-866-488-7386. The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ) young people under 25.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline. 1-800-273-8255 -The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.