As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active, both physically and mentally. Please note that the City of Seaside does not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
Disclaimer: Consult your physician before starting any exercise program or changing your diet to limit risks of injury
For All Ages
- NEW Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe from 6/12/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe Part 1 from 6/5/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe Part 2 from 6/5/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe from 5/29/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe part 1 from 5/22/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe part 2 from 5/22/20
- Tai Chi with Hei Takarabe from 5/15/20
- Monterey Sports Center - Now offering Virtual Fitness Classes. You can follow them on Facebook for live streaming fitness classes daily at 9:30am
- Do Yoga with Me - Free Yoga Videos
- Fitness Blender - Variety of free Videos
- Nike Training Club - App with free fitness videos
- P.E. with Joe - Live daily workouts. New workouts Monday through Friday at 9:00am
- Workouts with the Y - Cardio, strength, yoga, and active older adult workouts
- Inshape Fitness - Variety of virtual classes for Adults, Kids, and Senior
- Cardio Workout - 20 minute video for an intermediate workout.
- Youth Sports Drills - Stay at home video drills for kids.
- Virtual Sports Camps- Sports drills taught by coaches from the National Academy of Athletics
- Fitness Blender for Kids- Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Little Twisters Yoga - Free at-home kids yoga lesson plans
- 87 Energy-Busting Indoor Games & Activities
- Fluency and Fitness - Educational brain breaks to help students review essential literacy and math skills, while getting in some exercise. Geared towards ages 4-8
- Go Noodle - Movement and mindfulness videos created by child experts.
- The OT Tool Box - At home OT,PT, and ST resources designed to build skills in children through movement and play.
- Indoor Baseball/Softball - Throwing drills to do inside
- Living room Baseball/Softball - Quick and easy drills to do in your living room
- Soccer Drills - Dribbling drills that you can do inside or outside
Crafts and Activities!
Line Dancing Videos
Fuel for Your Brain
For all ages
- Make sure you are taking breaks from watching reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can wear you down mentally.
- Work on Mindfulness - Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgement. Practing mindfulness involvoes breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and helps with reducing stress.
- Spider Solitaire
Youth Oriented Ways to be Creative
- Daily Doodle - Lessons by Mo Williams
- FreeKidsCrafts - A variety of activity ideas, templates and print outs
- Crafts by Amanda - Free arts and crafts ideas
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - A wonderful, endlessly details way to get kids engaged in the world of art
- Artsology - Helps kids learn to appreciate the arts by providing them with the opportunity to play games, conduct investigations, and explore different forms of art.
31 Days of FUN!
Did you know that the current Shelter in Place order allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running." Here’s a few ideas (don’t forget your Social Distance rules!).
- NEW - The Cutino Park Skate Park & the Wheeler Street Tennis Courts have re-opened. Please view the COVID-19 guidelines for use that were approved by the County Health Officer on 6/12/20.
- Visit a local park - Did you know that Seaside has 23 parks? Please note that our playgrounds have been closed, but the park grounds remain open to the public.
- Visit a nearby County or State Park - These are still open with the exception of the campgrounds.
- Head to the beach. Seaside Beach is just a short drive away with plenty or open beach to walk.
- Walk/Run or take a bike ride around your neighborhood.
- Go for a nice scenic drive .
1. Each day choose at least one activity to complete. After completing each activity, color in the square.
2. If you want to repeat an activity you’ve already completed, go for it!
3. How many activities can you complete throughout the next 31 days?
4. Share your completed activities using #31RandomActsOfFun or tag us on Facebook @City of Seaside Recreation Department and Instagram @Seasiderecreation
5. Take a picture/video of your completed challenges and share with your friends, Seaside Recreation Instagram and Facebook or send pictures to email@example.com