Resources for Gig Workers Impacted by COVID-19
The State of California and Monterey County have instituted sweeping emergency measures including a SHELTER-IN PLACE order that have been implemented to halt the spread of COVID-19. These disruptions have impacted Seaside artists, musicians, freelancers and other gig workers. Here are some links that may be of assistance:
Please check back often as this page will be updated as more info becomes available .
- Starting April 2, the Restaurtant Employee Relief fund will begin taking applications for $500 grants to restaurant industry employees financially impacted by COVID-19 due to loss of wages or employment. https://rerf.us/apply-for-aid/
- Actors Fund Emergency Assistance Check to see if you are eligible for help https://actorsfund.org/am-i-eligible-help
- Aid from Musicians Foundation, you must meet conditions available at http://www.musiciansfoundation.org/get-support/eligibility/
- The Recording Academy® and its affiliated charitable foundation MusiCares® have established the COVID-19 Relief Fund to help their peers in the music community affected by the Coronavirus pandemic. FAQ and application at https://www.grammy.com/musicares/get-help/covid-19-relief-fund-faq
- The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation has compiled a list of disaster resources for sculptors, graphic artists, writers and musicians available at https://www.gottliebfoundation.org/disaster-resources
- CERF+ emergency assistance is available to established artists working in a craft discipline that meet eligibility requirements https://cerfplus.org/get-relief/apply-for-help/craft-emergency-relief-fund/eligibility/
- The PEN America Writers’ Emergency Fund is a small grants program for professional—published or produced—writers in acute or unexpected financial crisis.https://pen.org/writers-emergency-fund/
For links helpful to Seaside businesses in general, please visit https://www.ci.seaside.ca.us/706/Resources-for-Businesses-Impacted-by-COV
Receive text updates from Monterey County Alerts regarding COVID-19 by texting MCCOVID19 to 888777.